The leading text for foundation engineering courses, Principles of Foundation Engineering, 8e maintains a careful balance of current research and practical field applications as it introduces civil engineering students to the fundamental concepts and applications of foundation analysis design. Throughout the book, author Braja M. Das emphasizes the judgment needed to properly apply theories and analysis to the evaluation of soils and foundation design. In addition a wealth of worked out examples and figures show students how to do the work they will be doing as civil engineers, while homework problems at the end of each chapter help them hone their problem-solving skills.
• Students learn that the soil parameters obtained from different empirical correlations are not always the same.
• References at the end of every chapter allow students to further explore topics of interest.
• Balanced coverage of the most up-to-date research and practical field applications prepares students for a career in civil engineering.
• A clear, straightforward writing style helps students understand key topics.
• Multiple theories and empirical correlations are presented where applicable.
• Two new chapters broaden the text's coverage.
• The book has been reorganized to facilitate more efficient studying.
• New material in almost every chapter introduces students to the latest information in the field.
• Each chapter has new worked-out examples that show students how to do the actual work they'll be faced with as civil engineers.
• New homework questions help students master and apply concepts and new photos bring concepts to life.
• A new appendix on reinforced concrete design principles uses the most recent ACI code and shows students what's new in their field.
• Includes Mindtap which is an interactive, customizable and complete learning solution. It includes a MindTap Reader and a library of learning apps (e.g., CNOW, Aplia, Read Speaker,
Merriam-Webster dictionary, My Content, RSS Feed, Kaltura, Progress app, etc.).
|Author||Braja M. Das|
|Number Of Pages||946|
|Publisher||Cengage India Private Limited|
|Studio||Cengage India Private Limited|