Deepen your knowledge and sharpen your problem-solving skills! Noted pain authority Dr. Steven Waldman delivers complete, concise, step-by-step visual guidance to help you effectively diagnose and manage uncommon pain syndromes in which the pieces of the puzzle (signs, symptoms) don't quite fit a simple diagnosis
- Uses a consistent format to explore each pain syndrome, progressing through diagnostic codes . signs and
- Accurately diagnose and treat uncommon pain syndromes by following a step-by-step approach that progresses from signs and symptoms through physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, and clinical pearls.
- Recognize the visual manifestations of pain with help from nearly 400 vivid illustrations-more than 100 new to this edition, many in color-depicting the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site, and diagnostic images demonstrating key findings from MRI, CT, and conventional radiography.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with complete updates throughout including new chapters on SUNCT Headache, Primary Thunderclap Headache, Hypnic Headache, Nummular Headache, Atypical Odontalgia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Nervus Intermedius Neuralgia, Red Ear Syndrome, Clival Chordoma Syndrome, Glomus Tumor of the Shoulder, Osteonecrosis of the Elbow Joint, Driver's Elbow, Boxer's Knuckle, Trigger Wrist, Superior Cluneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome, Clitoral Priapism, Breaststroker's Knee, Glomus Tumor of the Knee, and Fabella Syndrome.
- Quickly and easily find the information you need thanks to highly templated chapters.
- Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you're likely to face with well-rounded guidance from this companion volume to Dr. Waldman's Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 3rd Edition.
- Access the complete text and illustrations online at expertconsult.com, fully searchable.
- Features updated chapters throughout, and 19 new chapters to keep you abreast of the conditions presenting in today's practice.
- Presents over 350 illustrations-175 in full color and more than 100 new to this edition-as well as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, helping you to confirm your diagnoses and confidently implement techniques.
Brand new chapters include:
Primary Thunderclap Headache
Burning Mouth Syndrome
Nervus Intermedius Neuralgia
Red Ear Syndrome
Clival Chordoma Syndrome
Glomus Tumor of the Shoulder
Osteonecrosis of the Elbow Joint
Superior Cluneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome
Glomus Tumor of the Knee