The launch of a brilliant new Edge. org series—this is a short, cutting-edge master class covering everything you need to know about The Mind. Edited by John Brockman, with original contributions by the world’s leading thinkers and scientists, including Steven Pinker
In The Mind, the world’s leading psychologists and biologists explain the complex workings of the mind and brain. Contributors and topics include:
• “Organs of Computation” by Steven Pinker (Harvard; author of How the Mind Works): A tour of the human brain and how the mind operates
• “You Can’t Be a Sweet Cucumber in a Vinegar Barrel” by Philip Zimbardo (Stanford, author of The Lucifer Effect): on how your environment impacts your personality
• “The Neurology Of Self-Awareness” by V. S. Ramachandran (UCSB, author of Phantoms in the Brain): on the question of the self--i. e. Who are “you”? and how do you know who you are?
• “Philosophy in the Flesh” by George Lakoff (UC Berkeley, author of Don’t Think of an Elephant) on the mind-body “problem”
• Plus essays on memory, consciousness, the formation of personality, the brain’s development and more.
|Author||Mr. John Brockman|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Number Of Pages||304|