Authoritative and completely up-to-date, this regiment-by-regiment survey traces the origins and history of Scotland’s fighting men.
From their organization in the seventeenth and eighteen centuries through to their participation in the campaigns in the Falklands and the Gulf.
For each regiment featured, details are given of:
• Regimental badge and motto
• Tartans and clan affiliations
• Battle honours and Victoria Cross winners
• Regimental music and toasts
• Allied and affiliated regiments
The text of this edition fully reflects the regimental amalgamations and other organizational changes that affected the Scottish Regiments in the early 1980s.
|Edition||2nd Revised edition|
|Number Of Pages||192|